Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Blueberry Muffins



My problem: My children must have more things to eat for breakfast than granola bars and teddy bear shaped graham crackers. One of them doesn't eat eggs. Sometimes she eats blueberry muffins.

Solution: Smitten Kitchen to the rescue!

Changes:
I added two tablespoons of ground flaxseed to the batter and subbed in whole wheat pastry flour for the all purp.
I used mini muffin paper cups because I like the portion control it creates and also they are so darned cute when they are this tiny.

Verdict:
I think I'd halve the lemon zest next time. I rather enjoyed the zesty-lemonade-y flavor but I think it was part of the turn off for the Q. That and the fact that these are not chocolate.

Also these taste amazing the first day but not so great the next. Not sure I'd make these as a breakfast because I'd have to get up at 5am to make them if I want them to taste as good as they can be. Maybe more of a contribution to a brunch potluck instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment